Mantis Medical Compliance Group is currently Seeking qualified Biomedical Equipment Technicians in Field Service Divisions in New York City Metro, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Buffalo, and Southern Tier
Send Resume to email@example.com or upload HERE
To perform inspection, preventative maintenance, repair and simple overhaul of medical equipment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads and interprets medical equipment operation and maintenance manuals, schematics, and mechanical drawings.
- Must be able to travel as necessary to perform the technical tasks below.
- Operates test equipment, such as signal generators, oscilloscopes, safety analyzers, ESU analyzers, defibrillator analyzers, and physiological input simulators.
- Uses common hand tools as required in the performance of job tasks.
- Troubleshoots and repairs: linear, digital, operational amplifier and microprocessor-based circuitry as well as hydraulic, pneumatic, and other electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, and repairs a wide variety of electronic and electro-mechanical medical equipment including but not limited to sterilizers, boilers, physiologic monitors, infusion devices, defibrillators, ESUs, and general patient care devices.
- Performs spot and routine safety and performance checks.
- Provide quality customer service to customers in the region in field service.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
The following performance expectations represent core competency requirements for the position of Biomedical Equipment Technician, Intermediate.
- Maintains knowledge of the clinical purpose, proper operating procedures, maintenance requirements, and risks associated with use, of medical devices for which the technician has maintenance responsibilities.
- Troubleshoots equipment problems to component level.
- Demonstrates proper and effective use of test equipment, input simulators, and hand tools.
- Interprets schematic drawings and performs basic circuit analysis.
- Demonstrates effective equipment assembly/disassembly, and component replacement skills.
- Interacts in a professional manner with all client staff, patients, and co-workers.
- Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with Mantis Medical Equipment Service reporting policies and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of, and compliance with corporate, and client mandated policies regarding workplace safety issues (infection control, fire safety, hazard communications, etc.).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must be experienced in troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining equipment, having worked for at least two years in an in-house BMET program in a health institution or with a clinical engineering program or five years with a medical device manufacturer - Preferred.
- Minimum requirement experience repairing and maintaining equipment having worked at least 5 years in electromechanical industry.
- Educational background should include the completion of a two-year associate degree program in technical area of study, engineering or military/ non-military equivalent.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair complex electronic devices down to the component level.
- Must be experienced with inventory and ordering procedures commonly associated with repair and maintenance of electronic, electric and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Must work with a minimum of supervision.
- Should be familiar with the inspection and maintenance of most medical equipment commonly found in health care institutions.
- AAMI Certification as a Biomedical Equipment Technician is a plus.
- Familiarity with Joint Commission Environment of Care standards for medical equipment management, and/or AAAHC and AAAASF standards. Must be able to read and write English and communicate effectively with customers, vendors, manufacturers, and corporate staff.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation and a valid driver's license.
- HVAC, automotive repair, plumbing, pipe fitting work experiences are plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to access and work in confined spaces with little or no assistance.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 lbs. to chest height unassisted and 60 lbs. assisted.
- Must be able to travel to customer sites within the region.
- Some overnight travel may be applicable
- Must be able to attend training schools and seminars.
Our benefits package is designed to attract, retain, and motivate high caliber professionals in support of the mission and goals of Mantis Medical Equipment Service. We offer a full array of benefits that add value to your compensation package and protect you and your family. This includes medical insurance, paid holidays, and paid time off, which provide for personal well-being. In addition, we offer a 401K with a generous company match. Fuel and Car Allowances are provided.
Entry level technicians will be considered.